Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pushing Through Brick Walls


The past several months have not been super great for me. I have made major changes in my life and sometimes I feel like my mind is always running and will not waver. My mom gave me a book titled, “Who you are when no one is looking”, by Bill Hybels. In His book he talks about when you are at your quitting point and you feel like that you running into a brick wall, just keep pushing and that brick wall will seem more like a wall made out of tissue paper. If you are feeling like that today, know that you are not alone and just to keep pushing. God loves you and He knows that you are just one the edge of something GREAT!!!

Some songs mean WAY more to me than just the melody, beat, or even who is singing it. My sister and some of closest friends know that I can listen to same song for days and never get tired of hearing it. I just don’t worship in Church. I worship wherever I am at. The song that is repeat right now is “Take Rest in Me”  by Deitrick Haddon and Voices of Unity. Simply put, the lyrics to this song are asking God to take rest in me.

With all that I am going through right now I am brought to this scripture Matthew 11:28-30; 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Know that God has your back and will NOT EVER let you fall. Know that He loves you and you are His child. You are not alone. No matter how far you feel away from Him. God is right there. There is nothing too big that God can’t fix or rescue you from.


Love,
Carla  

No comments:

Post a Comment